Saturday, September 1, 2007

Stumbling

So who do I stumble upon my 2nd day randomly selecting myspace bands near my zip...but a band called, Matt Pond PA, www.myspace.com/mattpondpa. Never had heard of them, but apparently I am out of the loop...this band has record deal, have an upcoming show at the Bowery Ballroom and had over 400 hits when I visited their profile.

Their music is not exactly complicated....almost a bit too predictable and reminiscent of previous uptempo pop rock songs via a nice recording budget by big brother the "Record Company" Tongue in cheek lyrics were amusing.....and the singer's voice, who coincidentally is called, Matt Pond" had a voice that ventured between soulful pop to folk rock....

Despite not being exactly my cup of tea, I felt compelled to mention them because of a very simple reason....there songs made me happy for the few minutes I took out to listen to their stuff. I suppose this is why pop music is so popular.......its not complicated and latches onto a part of your human psyche that does not want to be bothered with thoughtful, intense, and complicated things.....

And with that.....I shut down my computer and returned to my world of cynicism, intense, and complicated things.

See y'all.

No comments: